Grosse Pointe Shores Municipal Court
Unlike other Michigan communities, all five of the “pointes” operate through their own individual Municipal Courts. Therefore, if you were arrested in Grosse Pointe Shores for domestic violence, drug or DUI charge, your case would be handled through the Grosse Pointe Shores Municipal Court.
The Grosse Pointe Shores Municipal Court is located at 795 Lakeshore Rd, Grosse Pointe Shores, MI 48236. The Honorable Matthew Rumora currently presides over this Municipal Court, along with the Grosse Pointe Farms Municipal Court.
Grosse Pointe Shores Municipal Court Cases
The Grosse Pointe Shores Municipal Court has jurisdiction over all civil matters up to a $3,000 limit. The court also has jurisdiction over all criminal misdemeanors and traffic-related offenses occurring within the Farms. The court handles the arraignment, the setting of bail, and conducts the preliminary examination of felony cases.
Grosse Pointe Shores Municipal Court Attorney
The Law Offices of Barton Morris has over 20 years of experience as Grosse Pointe Shores Municipal Court attorneys. They specialize in defending DUI offenses, marijuana & drug/controlled substances possession or delivery offenses, firearms offenses, domestic violence cases, and driver’s license restoration.
Domestic Violence charges include:
- Domestic Assault and Aggravated Domestic Assault
- Assault and Battery
- Assault with Intent to Commit Great Bodily Harm
- Assault with Intent to Commit Murder
- Aggravated Stalking
- Unlawful Internet Posting
Drunk Driving (DUI/OWI) charges includes:
- Operating While Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs
- Operating While Visibly Impaired (OWVI)
- Operating with Any Presence of a Schedule 1 Drug or Cocaine
- Under Age 21 Operating with Any Bodily Alcohol Content
- Super Drunk Driving
Drug Possession/Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Schedules 1-5
Weapon and Firearm offenses include:
- Possession of a Firearm
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm
- Possession or use of a firearm by a person under the influence