The 50th District Court is located at 70 N. Saginaw, Pontiac, MI 48342. It is a part of the Oakland Counties’ District Court system and serves the City of Pontiac. The Honorable Cynthia Thomas Walker (Chief Judge), the Honorable Ronda Fowlkes Gross, the Honorable Michael C. Martinez, and the Honorable Preston G. Thomas are the judges of the 50th District Court.
50th District Court Cases
This district court has jurisdiction over misdemeanors, civil cases of $25,000 or less, landlord tenant disputes and other small claims. They also have jurisdiction over felony cases to determine probable cause and civil infractions like parking and traffic violations.
50th District Court Attorney
The Law Offices of Barton Morris has over 20 years of experience as 50th District Court defense attorneys. They specialize in defending DUI offenses, marijuana & drug/controlled substance possession or delivery offenses, firearms offenses, domestic violence cases and driver’s license restoration.
- Domestic Assault and Aggravated Domestic Assault
- Assault and Battery
- Assault with Intent to Commit Great Bodily Harm
- Assault with Intent to Commit Murder
- Aggravated Stalking
- Unlawful Internet Posting
Drunk Driving (DUI/OWI) charges includes:
- Operating While Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs
- Operating While Visibly Impaired (OWVI)
- Operating with Any Presence of a Schedule 1 Drug or Cocaine
- Under Age 21 Operating with Any Bodily Alcohol Content
- Super Drunk Driving
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Schedules 1-5
- Possession of a Firearm
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm
- Possession or use of firearm by a person under the influence