Michigan 42nd District Court in Romeo and New Baltimore
The 42nd District Court serves the Cities of New Baltimore, Memphis, Richmond, and the Townships of Bruce, Washington, Armada, Ray, and Richmond.
14713 33 Mile Rd
Romeo, MI 48065
The Honorable James M. Biernat, Jr. (Chief Judge) and the Honorable Denis R. LeDuc currently preside over this court.
35071 23 Mile Rd
New Baltimore, MI 48047
The Honorable James M. Biernat, Jr. (Chief Judge) and the Honorable William H. Hackel III currently preside over this court.
42nd District Court Cases
This district court has jurisdiction over misdemeanors, civil cases of $25,000 or less, landlord tenant disputes and other small claims. They also have jurisdiction over felony cases to determine probable cause and civil infractions like parking and traffic violations.
42nd District Court Attorney
The Law Offices of Barton Morris has over 20 years of experience as 42-1 District Court defense attorneys. They specialize in defending criminal cases, such as:
- DUI offenses,
- marijuana & drug/controlled substance possession or delivery offenses,
- firearms offenses,
- domestic violence cases,
- and driver’s license restoration.
Domestic Violence charges include:
- Domestic Assault and Aggravated Domestic Assault
- Assault and Battery
- Assault with Intent to Commit Great Bodily Harm
- Assault with Intent to Commit Murder
- Aggravated Stalking
- Unlawful Internet Posting
Drunk Driving (DUI/OWI) charges includes:
- Operating While Under the Influence of Alcohol and/or Drugs
- Operating While Visibly Impaired (OWVI)
- Operating with Any Presence of a Schedule 1 Drug or Cocaine
- Under Age 21 Operating with Any Bodily Alcohol Content
- Super Drunk Driving
Drug Possession/Possession with Intent to Distribute
- Possession of a Controlled Substance Schedules 1-5
Weapon and Firearm offenses include:
- Possession of a Firearm
- Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unlawful discharge of a firearm
- Possession or use of firearm by a person under the influence