Drug Crimes Attorneys in Michigan
Defending All Types of Serious Drug Crimes in Michigan
Being charged with possession or distribution of controlled substances or drugs is one of the most serious criminal charges anyone can face. In certain circumstances, these charges can result in life sentences or many years, even decades behind bars. When facing the risk of such severe punishment, it is critical to obtain an attorney that can address the three factors that lead to favorable results.
- Trial Representation – The willingness and ability to go to trial and fight for the client and their rights
- Forensic Science – drugs are created through science and scientific evidence is what leads to convictions or acquittals
- Knowledge and Expertise – Laws are complex and detailed, the greater the knowledge of the attorney, the greater the defense they can provide
These three factors are what elevate attorney Barton Morris to the level of best in class when it comes to defending clients charged with drug crimes.
The Barton Morris Difference
Barton Morris is an expert litigator and trial lawyer. Having tried dozens of cases throughout his 20-year career, he has racked up hundreds of hours of experience defending clients in front of numerous judges and juries. Don’t risk your freedom with any other attorney; rely on the only attorney in Michigan to offer much more than a Law Degree to protect you and your rights. Rely on Barton Morris and his extensive knowledge, experience, education and track record, which includes:
- Michigan’s only Forensic Lawyer-Scientist, as certified by the American Chemical Society
- 1 of only 22 certified nationally
- Member of the American Chemical Society, Chemistry and Law Division
- Member, American Academy of Forensic Scientists
- Trial Expertise through Experience and Education
- Trial Lawyer’s College Alumni F Warrior Board Member, Region 7 2013-2016
- Graduate, Trial Lawyers College, Dubois, Wyoming, September 2011
- Graduate of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan, Criminal Defense College, August 2010
- Graduate of the National Criminal Defense College, Macon, Georgia, June 1999
- President 2019 – Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys
- Michigan Association of OWI Attorneys, Inaugural and Board Member
- Charter Member and Faculty, DUI Defense Lawyers Association
- Selected by State Attorney General Dana Nessel to be a Member of Marijuana Legal Workgroup (2019)
- Guided development of DUI of Marijuana legislation
- Corrected common misbelief that THC levels measure level of impairment
Different Types of Drug Crimes
The state of Michigan classifies narcotics into categories called “schedules,” ranging from Schedule I (identified as high potential for abuse and no medical value) to Schedule V (low-risk drugs, often can be purchased over the counter). There are many circumstances that may result in drug crime charges, including possession, trafficking, use, prescription fraud, manufacturing, and distribution.
The penalties for drug crimes in Michigan are some of the most severe, and the consequences of a conviction can be life-altering. An experienced criminal defense attorney will be familiar with all aspects of drug crimes and can help you understand both the charges brought against you as well as what your best course of action is.
Fighting for Your Freedom in Michigan
At The Law Offices of Barton Morris, we work to get to know and understand our clients. We believe that this enables us to provide even better legal services because we appreciate the person behind the case. Our drug crimes attorneys in Michigan are well-versed in all aspects of criminal law.
We thoroughly investigate all cases and identify the approach that best suits our clients’ needs. More specifically, we are thoroughly knowledgeable in defense strategies that relate to the fourth amendment. We will leave no stone unturned when investigating if law enforcement’s search and seizure was reasonable and lawful.
Many different kinds of narcotics may result in a drug crime arrest, including:
The Right Firm Asks The Right Questions
What Sets The Law Offices of Barton Morris Apart?
Over Two Decades of Legal Experience Within A Variety of Practice Areas
We’ll Tackle Even The Most Challenging Cases & Refuse To Back Down
We Have a Successful Track-Record Obtaining Favorable Outcomes For Our Clients
Our Seasoned Trial Lawyers Aren’t Afraid To Go To Court & Fight For Your Rights
From Our Clients
50+ Reviews, 5 Star Ratings
Stop your Google search, pick up the phone and retain the services of the best criminal defense team in the state of Michigan. When you hire Barton Morris to represent you, you should be confident in knowing that the lawyers on his team will fight for your legal rights in every way possible. Mr. Morris and his associates legal knowledge is unsurpassed bar none. Although my case was unique, having been on the lam for sixteen years, Mr. Morris was able to prove that the lack of evidence was detrimental to the prosecution and all charges were dismissed. Mr. Morris happened to be the second lawyer that I contacted. The first lawyer said he would take my case for a $10K retainer fee and that I had a long road ahead of me. The next day, I contacted Mr. Morris and knew from our first conversation that I was in good hands with his representation. Stop shopping around and hire Barton Morris today!