If you have been charged with drunk driving in Sterling Heights, MI, then you’re going to need a great Sterling Heights drunk driving defense attorney. While you can open up a phone book and find dozens of drunk driving defense lawyers who promise you results, the truth is that some of those attorneys will simply plead your case down to a lesser DUI charge.
Finding the Right Sterling Heights Drunk Driving Defense Attorney
The problem with pleading to a lesser DUI charge is that it is still a DUI conviction. That conviction will be on your driving record for the rest of your life. It could affect your ability to get hired, and can cause your vehicle insurance rates to skyrocket. You need to call The Law Office of Barton J. Morris, Jr. He was named as one of the top drunk driving defense lawyers in Metro Detroit by DBusiness Magazine in 2012 and 2013. He can help you because:
– He has extensive experience – Attorney Barton Morris has successfully defended hundreds of clients in a variety of drunk driving cases.
– He has specialized training – He has attended training around the country, including multiple courses on the very blood alcohol level testing machines used by Michigan law enforcement.
– He has compassion – You will find both Attorney Barton Morris and his staff are very understanding to your situation and know the stress that legal matters can generate in your life.
– He will always be prepared – He knows that preparation is the key to success in any court matter.
Possible Penalties for Drunk Driving in Sterling Heights, MI
Did you know that a conviction for drunk driving in MI has a possible penalty of up to 93 days in jail? Here are some of the other possible penalties for the first conviction:
– Driver license suspension of 30 days
– License restriction of 150 days after suspension
– A fine of between $100 and $500
– Up to 360 hours of community service.
Attorney Barton Morris knows that every case for drunk driving in MI is winnable with the right attorney and the right preparation.
If you need a Sterling Heights drunk driving defense attorney, call Attorney Barton Morris at 248-541-2600 or 877-7-BUSTED. He will provide you with the experienced, knowledgeable representation you need.