Charlotte Steffen specializes in criminal defense and driver’s license restorations. She has been practicing law for nearly 20 years. Her experience includes thousands of criminal cases, including capital offenses and high profile cases. She began her career at the Legal Aid and Defender Association of Detroit, handling the toughest felonies in Wayne County. She went into private practice in 2002 and has continued helping those who need it most.
Charlotte is an adjunct law professor at the Detroit Mercy Law School in the Criminal Trial Clinic. She supervises student attorneys and lectures on drunk driving and driver’s license issues. She is also on the faculty of the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan in which she helps train lawyers to become trial lawyers.
Charlotte has attended the best colleges and universities. She is a graduate of the prestigious Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer’s College, the Detroit Mercy School of Law and the University of Michigan. She scored in the top five percent on the bar examination.
- Detroit Mercy Law School, Juris Doctor
- University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyer’s College
- NHTSA Certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan Trial College
- Western Trial Advocacy Institute
- Wayne County Criminal Advocacy Program
- National Trial Lawyers (Top 100 Trial Lawyers)
- Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan (CDAM)
-Member since 2002
-Board Member 2014-2015
- Wayne County Criminal Defense Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan-Criminal Law Section
- Licensed in the Eastern District of Michigan Federal Court